Mick's Curried Fish
Fish Name (Australian Salmon)
How you store it
Ice slurry straight from the hook or bleed and bury head first in sand.
When I want to freeze fillets I allways bag with water with a little salt as the ice stops the freezer burn.
With whole fish glad wrap and into the freezer.
How you prep it
Fillet and skin cutting a "V" from the head end of the fillet to ensure no bones.
How you cook it
Micks Curried Fish
• 750g Raw fish (Flaky Fish – Salmon, Trevally, Snapper or Gem Fish
• 90g Plain flour (1/2 cup)
• 75g Margarine or butter
• 30ml lemon juice
• 3 heaped teaspoons Keens curry powder
• 60g grated tasty cheese
• 15g chicken stock
• 400ml milk
1. Melt margarine in large saucepan and mix flour to make smooth paste.
2. Add milk a little at a time over low heat until a smooth Mornay style sauce is made.
3. Add cheese to mixture and whisk in until melted through and remove from heat.
4. Whisk lemon juice, powdered chicken stock and curry powder through. Amounts can be adjusted to suit taste. (with XXXX Gold in spare hand for balance)
5. Place fish in covered dish without water and microwave on high for 3 – 4 minutes depending on microwave power. Want fish to be “just” cooked and flake easily with fork.
6. Drain and juice or water from fish and then fold though heated curry sauce ready to serve.
How you serve it
Serve with rice, on toast or in pastry shells with nice chunky wedges. Salad or Veg. This quantity serves 4 hungry adults.
If if ya "cant stand the heat" XXXX Gold works a treat!
How it makes your fish As Good As GOLD
Quick and easy to make and is good just to slap on toast with some chips on a fishing trip with the boys or can be dressed up in voulevants or crepes to impress the missus when you get home.