|article: afc ix round 1 review by afc outdoors
Dated: 13 October, 2012
|Team BCF got the points in Round 1. Pictured from left Kris Hickson and Tristan Taylor.|
HOBIE v BCF BREAM
Featuring three teams (Aerogard, Hobie and BCF) competing on bream and bass arenas, Series 9 of the Australian Fishing Championships kicked off with the first of the BREAM Matches in Forster, NSW.
There are a few chances in AFC this season. It's still a match-fishing format, which means that you just need to catch more than the other team to win, but Season Nine features live score updates. For the first time in AFC, teams know exactly what the other teams have caught within moments of landing a fish. It adds tension and excitement to the matches.
Forster didn't fish 'big' for this first match, but at the start of the 'blackout' period (teams only get the live score updates for the first three hours of the match), both teams were tied on 3/3 fish for 1.00kg.
With Hobie making the wrong decision in the last hour, BCF cruised to the win, but who'd have thought that an AFC Big Bream would only be 400g?
Team Hobie's Scott Lovig landed this important fish on a crankbait early in the match and it bagged their team an extra two championship points.
Stay tuned for the next match, where Hobie fish against Aerogard. The bream do get bigger and the matches get tighter.
|Team HOBIE pictured from left a despondent Daniel Brown and Scott Lovig.|
AFC Points Structure
• Legal fish are measured to the fork of the tail.
• Lengths are recorded and converted to a weight with a length/weight table.
• Weights are recorded and the scoreboard distributed via text to all teams.
• 10 championship points for a match win.
• one point for each legal fish in a team's limit for the losing team (up to 5 fish).
• 2 bonus points for the big fish of the match.
• Team with the most Championship Points at the end of the series takes the title.
• Championship ties are settled by biggest bag over the course of the series.
click here to view images from round 1...
|If you would like further information on AFC OUTDOORS, click on logo: