I am running a Furuno 620 and would like to get more out of the machine.
Fishing depths mainly from 5 - 40m.
I adjust the gain setting to reduce clutter but I am not sure whether to use split screen; ie dual freq's and when to use the other settings.
* Scanning the bottom for structure in 10-25m at speed (15-20knots)
* Sounding for fish in the same depth at 5knots or less
* Settings at anchor for bait schools etc.
* Looking for bream schools in 4-6m using blades
With clutter and gain, does this sound correct? -
1. Adjust gain to max then back off to reduce the amoint of noise on the screen.
2. Adjust clutter - use to remove blue/yellow interference caused from dense salty water??
3. What color erase setting should I use?
4. Can you explain Whiteline? I undersatnd it used to seperate the bottom from fish??
5. Should I be using A-scope??
I use the unit mainly in estuaries, bays/inlets and offshore.
All times are GMT + 10 Hours Goto page Previous1, 2
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum