How often when you land a fish the rod is automatically placed up against
the baitboard and not the hull for and then as you go to unhook the fish
the rod slips along the edge of it
So personally i would like to see manfactures make the boards with
the front facing edge serrated or grooved as to friggen hold ya rod (fishn rod that is)
so it dont slip
Regards Frank _________________ _____________________________________
Posted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:45 am Post subject: Re:
If I was going to build one from a blank sheet, I'd be making sure of a few things:
1. Deeper storage below cutting board, fully insulated
2. Knife/pliers/etc holders both sides
3. Get the height right - too high or low makes it awkward
4. Angled rod holders - mine has vertical which I dont like
5. Grab handles on each side - people often grab the bait board when its the nearest thing in sight in rough conditions, and make sure its strong enough!
6. Drink holders that slide out from underneath.
7. As wide as possible while retaining fishing room each side
8. Definitely removable, for cleaning/storage etc
I dont like the idea of a draw of stuff below - I reckon it'd make cleaning a bit more awkward, although handy during use thats for sure.
One other thing that I've done is add an LED strip light right across the back of it, water side. Great when fishing at night, only shines outwards so you see rod tips, no glare back at you, the wiring is down one leg of the bait board with a plug so removal is no issue, operated by a switch on the dash. GREAT addition for night fishing. Cost about $50 plus an hour or two of mucking around. Heres a pic:
Now that is a bloody good idea! plans already forming in my small brain.... _________________ "STOP KIDS FISHING"
Best baitboard Ive seen was on Lee Raynors boat in the Snapper Tactics
and Whiting Tactics DVD's. Plenty of spots to store/hang stuff, and
the best bit, the cutting board lifted up (hinged) and your could store your
cut up bait and berly in a tray under the cutting board out of the sun.
Very well designed...I would like to know who makes them.
All times are GMT + 10 Hours Goto page Previous1, 2
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum