fishnet forumsFAQ | Rules | Search
Fishing Reports
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  
Fishnet Forum Index -> Game Fishing Scene
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fin101

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK here goes, fished out of botany bay last week I got skunked but "the chop" boated a stripe in very shallow water, I fished yesterday and sat for a 1-1-0 and 1 that had a look but no take," needed some slimies". Sydney marlin have been sneaking around in close, guys are hooking up small blacks off the heads , though there is nothing unusual about that. Yesterday was a peach early on, conditions were great but then blew out, I heard some guys on the radio who stuck it out and nailed a stripe and a big dollie, good on them for persistence. Wish this weather would make up it's mind, one other thing, I love my new haines hunter, had it out in some shocking weather lately and it has done everything and more than I expected from it ,great sea boat, now I just need some moolah for a new set of riggers, cheers.
View users profile Send private message
JohnBob

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

fin101 wrote:
OK here goes, fished out of botany bay last week I got skunked but "the chop" boated a stripe in very shallow water, I fished yesterday and sat for a 1-1-0 and 1 that had a look but no take," needed some slimies". Sydney marlin have been sneaking around in close, guys are hooking up small blacks off the heads , though there is nothing unusual about that. Yesterday was a peach early on, conditions were great but then blew out, I heard some guys on the radio who stuck it out and nailed a stripe and a big dollie, good on them for persistence. Wish this weather would make up it's mind, one other thing, I love my new haines hunter, had it out in some shocking weather lately and it has done everything and more than I expected from it ,great sea boat, now I just need some moolah for a new set of riggers, cheers.

Thanks for the report happy-fish.gif
View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
Keepin_TABS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

JohnBob wrote:
fin101 wrote:

Thanks for the report happy-fish.gif

Thanks mate, Sydney fishing can be a prick. Have you found any slimies lately? A couple of weeks ago they were down off Batebay and also the odd scholl at the Colours. Not only a good place to catch slimies, but probably those inshore beakies too!
Minx

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.

Well we fished out of Port Stephens on Saturday on Marquis, weather was perfect!!! the day altogether was perfect.

We were doing the switch baiting program and went 4-3-1. I cant beleive the number of fish around Sat and Sunday.

One time I dropped the bait jig down and the friggin jig must of hit this little black on the head I reckon laughing-fish.gif as the reel stopped dead around 30 fathoms, 1 jig - bang loaded up with bait, 1 second later BANG the stella was screaming off - had him on for about 5-10 mins a couple of jumps and then broke him off. All good fun....

Looked like the skip baits were working well, but honestly it was a mixed bag between all methods skip v lures v live baiting.

We were marking 5 /6 fish working the bait, and the bait is holding up really well. Nice size slimies as well.

It sounded like the guys fishing the Lake Macquarie tournie had a great bite down Naroh canyons (Echo 13) that area.

If I had was going this weekend, I would do the live bait program I think -find the bait, drift through, steam up and drift through again - simple program.

Anyway, we are fishing the shoot out in a couple of weeks so fingers crossed the marlin hang around (but we want the big blue that weekend wink-fish.gif )

Hows that Tabsy...... I feelin the luv....
K'Otic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We fished Saturday north of the Carpark for 4-2-2. Most people on the carpark seemed to be drifting and doing well. A bit of agro on the radio from time to time.

Saw seven free jumpers in one day including one that looked like he would jump into the boat.

Brett
Snackman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love those free jumpers, nothing gets the adrenalin pumping like them....looking forward to Interclub with last weekends reports!!

Things look to be shaping up for big scores! happy-fish.gif happy-fish.gif happy-fish.gif
Peter Pakula

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Port Stephens Yesterday, Calypso got 13 Marlin on Sunday and Diversion got 18 over the weekend at the carpark. There's already no room to move around the fish, lots getting cut off by other boats.

Gold Coast today: Ross McCubbin got 3 Blues and droped a Striped Marlin, no other boats out there today.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Minxy much better!!

JB Boats headed up and did very well.

Sniper got 4 on Saturday and 11 on Sunday with Capt. Wilso, Eddie and Trev, then Tonlu II got 6 over the weekend with Capt. Luke, Master and Joey.

We fished the Banks on Saturday (accidently went down the coast instead of up the coast), and got 2 Stripes.
JayyyyGee

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OK here goes, fished out of botany bay last week I got skunked but "the chop" boated a stripe in very shallow water

I heard chops fish had only 1/2 a tail, 2 bums & 1 eye
Whoops that's what the marlin said about chop laughing-fish.gif laughing-fish.gif

Sydney has been hit/miss
Have been doing allright past couple of weeks lure fishing
2 2 1 in 4 hrs fishing
1 1 0

2 trips out of Syd & the 1 1 0 was on a day that only one other boat i know off raised a fish

Great day last flyday fishing a bit further sth bait was everywhere on the surface [walking slimmys]

Counted 8 free swimmers + 2 that ett our baits for zero hookups all in 3 hrs

Same area yesterday dead as with the bait sitting on bottom occasionally rising mid water 0.8 drop in temp as well
rodlox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fished JB on Saturday. Tagged one stripe about 70kg and jumped another off after about 5 minutes. Both fish on a temp break of about 2.5 degrees, not much bait around, just yakkas here and there.
Should have fished port........
Fishnet Forum Index -> Game Fishing Scene Post new topic   Reply to topic
Page 1 of 6