Boat hits channel marker
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  
Fishnet Forum Index -> FishOz Scene
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sawtell13

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

fishnut77 wrote:
Quote (On a similar note,a mate of mine hit an unlit yachting bouy in PPB on Friday night damaging his boat and scaring the beejesus out of the crew (including a young child onboard).I've come close to hitting unlit (and unmarked on gps maps) yachting boys myself at night even with two people on watch.Surely in this day and age, a solar powered and activated light of some description could be made mandatory for ALL boating hazards on the water.I know they will need maintenance etc,etc but surely the cost far outways the potential hazards they create,particularly to smaller craft.Curious to hear others' thinking on the pros and cons of making them law and what goes on in other parts of the world. )

**Breaking News**

As a result of my mates collision with the yachting bouy and subsequent discussions, Brighton YC have committed to replacing all their unlit bouys with solar powered flashing units by this june and having the positions included on all future gps maps.I'm told Parks Victoria are monitoring how these new bouys go with a view to rolling them out throughout ppb and wp.

Cheers Andy

as they should... the black, and dark red bouys around st kilda to black rock, on all the break walls etc are frekaing ridiculous... they are black FFS!!!

i assume they are yachting bouys, all i know is they are imposible to see during the day, not to mention at night, with half of them having no lights..
View users profile Send private message
fishnut77

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally we are getting lit yachting mark buoys for PPB.These are for Royal Brighton Yacht Club which has taken the bull by the horns.Hopefully coming to a yacht club near you too !
http://www.fishnet.com.au/default.aspx?id=226&PicId=69930
Cheers Andy.
Fishnet Forum Index -> FishOz Scene Post new topic   Reply to topic
Page 5 of 5