login or register

fishnet forumsFAQ | Rules | Search
Age Of Whaler
Goto page Previous  49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68   Next  
Fishnet Forum Index -> BoatOz Scene
Goto page Previous  49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68   Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
firecat150hp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Progressing along with bits here and there that will make the end result great.

Along the outside lines more filling has been applied and in some spots it's be ground away or will be.

In the 'deck area' fill has also be added to get a smooth straight line along the gunnels before final fairing and paint.

And of course another shot underneath and that's looking real close to finished with all planing surfaces now showing good smooth lines.

My electronics are now with the Humminbird 'twins' now keeping a side protection to the old Navvy.

Dash is in near complete shape with timbers in place 'cuddy cab' side for wiring and lighting fixtures.
Hopefully the final wiring up will be a very neat job...better be as I'm over looking at 'spaghetti' jobs and in 15months I've seen a lot.

Located my GPS antenna (3) on the 'hard top'.
Was going to centre the NAV and put the 'twins' out on each front corner but centred the lot as too be sure should I go forward for some reason I'm an 'on the nose favourite bet' to use one as a hand hold and tear it off....

Slotted under the roof for wiring with a 'semi permanent' cover strip to give access should an antenna need replacing.

A big post but that my lot.

Regards Steve.
View users profile Send private message MSN Messenger
firecat150hp

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wink-fish.gif wink-fish.gif cool-fish.gif cool-fish.gif
Not a lot but a little more.

Bottom is going along fine.
May look done but it is a pretty big job duplicating some thing that wasn't there in the first but it seems to be matching in pretty well.

Dash 'wing' extensions (side walls) are faired up and will get 'once the electronics console' is set in place an all over top coat and will blend in as if straight out of the one mould.

And will all this sanding and filling of the hull it's been mentioned that maybe 10 or so hours with fairing up along the sides, around windows and hard top may soon see a top coat thrown on.
I'm sort of banned for a week from the shop so look out next Friday.

Regards Steve.
firecat150hp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banned this week from the shop so the preparation can get the 10 or so hrs on the outside.
May have a 'top coat' on and may be the dash in by Friday leaving only the floor hatches and finishing up before it's fit out time.

Bottom,sides and dash getting real close with the gunnels being faired up before 'top coat'.
Dash is all one piece bar the sounder console but that should be in place by Friday...A re-spray and the it's in the cab.
Then it's a hole saw here and a jig saw there for gauges,switches etc.

Regards Steve.
firecat150hp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

angry-fish.gif Sorry everyone. Looks like I've doubled up sort of on the last (2) posts.
"IF MODS want to pull one feel free as I don't want to flood the thread with extras."

Regards Steve.
ggoss

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't stress Steve, I'm sure the mods will allow you to double up ie 1 post per sponson wink-fish.gif laughing-fish.gif laughing-fish.gif laughing-fish.gif

View users profile Send private message Visit posters website
firecat150hp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been a bit going on with on going changes and a few humps and bumps disappearing along with the smooth lines appearing after fairing.

'Engine well'....for use of description ....maybe 'Engine bay' ...should be more correct has had a dusting of 'non slip' and is looking great.

Dash is still getting attention and will be in very soon.
The 'Sounder console' has had a final 'flow coat' with 'off the roller texture' which will break up a lot of 'shiny' when glassed in place.

Regards Steve.
mattg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good firecat. Someone has prob already asked but have you paid consideration to the extra weight the hardtop may add (i.e. lift the centre of gravity slightly and possible subsequent handling differences because of?

I spose the weight of the pods down nice and low and the fact it's a cat eliminate this as an issue?
View users profile Send private message
firecat150hp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

mattg wrote:
Looking good firecat. Someone has prob already asked but have you paid consideration to the extra weight the hardtop may add (i.e. lift the centre of gravity slightly and possible subsequent handling differences because of?

I spose the weight of the pods down nice and low and the fact it's a cat eliminate this as an issue?

The Cabin is really not that much heavier or may be even lighter than all the stuff that actually came out of the front.

For starters the old 'dash' and surrounding 'run about' gunnels were rather heavy as was the the windscreen, clears, bimi, rocket launcher and spot light frames.

(4) Batteries have; "will be" located below water level where these were originally located in the the seat bases.(a long way forward of centre).

Fuel tanks are now lower in the hull and more central than the old ones that tended to be more towards the stern.

With all the heavy stuff ie; fuel, batteries it should be a good balance with a rise over length in engine attitude seeing that all that is hanging down back is the engines and a little bit of fuel management stuff.

Regards Steve.
DavidDW

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good.

What is your estimated time to completion?

Will be good to see it with some paint on it!
View users profile Send private message
firecat150hp

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote

DavidDW wrote:
Looking good.

What is your estimated time to completion?

Will be good to see it with some paint on it!

"SOON I'm thinking" "Am I right Boys"...????laughing-fish.gif laughing-fish.gif laughing-fish.gif

And yes paint will be nice.

Regards Steve.
Fishnet Forum Index -> BoatOz Scene Post new topic   Reply to topic
Page 59 of 73